- The tour where it rained so much we threw away gloves and shoes at the tour's end because they were disintegrating (yuck).
- The tour where we found ourselves treated like rock stars by locals in coastal Georgia. People actually cheered us as we pedalled by!
- The tour where we ran into days of gale force headwinds, winds so high at one point that we had to pedal furiously to keep our speed--on downhills!
- The tour where we ran into Bike Week (of the motorcycle variety).
- The many tours where we got lost.
- The tour where my rear rack broke and we pieced together a fix at a small hardware store, much to the amusement of the store's staff.
- The tour where we stopped on a whim at a beautiful beach resort hotel, without reservations, and got a fabulous ocean front room, at a super discount price, when the desk crew saw our loaded touring bikes.
|Some of the old bike journals.|