Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Out Chasing Again -- And Really Feeling Good

The holiday weekend opened with a foggy dawn, 77 degrees and humid. As far as I was concerned, it was the perfect morning for a fast bike ride.

Al and I haven't really been able to ride full out for the past couple of months. We've been riding about a third of our usual miles and those have been done at what I refer to as a "ramble" or what others might call "snail's pace". It was me causing the problem, and I certainly was lucky to have such an understanding and supportive riding partner. But things have changed, and I'm now OK to ride as long and as hard as I want. Today Al suggested restarting our riding program by doing a short ride (20 miles) at a comfortably fast pace. So off we went on what I think of as our short local loop. The wind was about 10 mph from the northeast, and it blew away the fog in no time.

Too quickly the fun was done. We had completed the loop and were home. It was fabulous. The best part was a 4-mile glorious chase that Al won (but only barely...) Can't wait to get out again tomorrow!

One Pedal Stroke Around in Multiple Photos...