Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blue Skies and Nice and Warm

I spent a short time early this morning chatting online with friends who were all woofing about their ultra cold weather and snow. (I sense that house guest season is upon us once again here in Florida.) I tried to break the news of our move as gently as possible. I reassured them that despite moving to a tiny home without a traditional guest room, we will always have a nice queen airbed tucked in the back of a closet for intrepid travelers.

Back in the real world, our to-do list was done by 9:30. We considered cleaning the bikes or something. Al quickly vetoed work in favor of heading out on a ride. (I knew I married the right man...)

We did a ramble for several of hours, wandering from lake to lake on our side of the county. Since there are a gazillion of them, we followed a very zigzag route. The sky was an unflinching blue, the mid-morning temperature was in the upper 60s, and the wind was almost calm. A perfect January day in Florida.

As a special treat for my previously mentioned frost-bitten friends, I have selected two old pictures that capture why I chose Florida for my home. As you sit in front of your fireplaces, sipping your cocoas and tugging your sweaters closer for warmth, remember that Florida is only a short plane trip away...

Water Sports!
Biking and No Snow!