Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2020

You can’t have everything. Where would you put it? (Steven Wright)

Al and I live in a studio condo. And into it, we've fit four bicycles. I wanted to add a folding bicycle for me. 

My two bicycles were stacked behind the sofa in our main living area. A Brompton bicycle would fit, folded, neatly between the back wheel of my rebuilt titanium mountain bike (now a travel bike) and our IKEA desk. The accessories would all fit in our big bike cabinet and my little travel gear cabinet. 

So with great excitement on my part, I ordered the Brompton in January. Delivery was scheduled for March. Then came Covid19 and chaos to businesses around the world. I'd ordered a customized bike and accessories. They were coming from London via New York City, both hard hit early in the pandemic. Six months after ordering the bike, it was delivered to Miami. Two minor accessories were not in, but was I willing to accept delivery and get them later? I most certainly was!

So now I have my new bike. And, more importantly, I have a place to put it in our very tiny home.