Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Coffee at Cartier

I was out on my Sunday ride. I had my little thermos of espresso. I had my scone from Madruga Bakery.

I was planning on stopping at a state park north of Miami for my treats. I was almost there when I decided I wanted a more nostalgic setting. Now I love old movies. What came to mind was that classic, Breakfast at Tiffany's. But I've always been more partial to Cartier than Tiffany's. No problem at any rate. All I had to do was route myself to the Miami Design District.

Which I did. I commandeered the seating area nearest the store. I used the rack on my bike as a makeshift table. Perfect.

Not that I conjured up Holly Golightly in the minds of the few dog walkers who strolled by. A woman in her 70s wearing a bike helmet and lycra hardly mimics the glamor of stick skinny Audrey Hepburn with her piled high dark hair, rhinestone evening jewelry, and little black dress. 

But I was humming Moon River nonetheless.