Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. (Dr. Seuss)

 A third of the year has slipped by. I enjoy riding by myself, but this is ridiculous. On the positive side, it has given me a lot of time to play around with bike stuff. Like clipping in. The doctors said they didn't think it will work for me anymore. I'm thinking I want to test that a bit before giving up on clipping in.

I've started making changes in how I pedal. Trying to see if I can tolerate the foot position I would need to use to clip in again. It looks hopeful. I'm trying different techniques for taping my right ankle for extra support.

I've got a pair of double-sided Shimano SPD Click'r pedals, the easiest pedals on the planet for clipping in and out. I'll give them a shot first. I found a friend in Connecticut who worked through a similar problem, and she has offered a bunch of other modifications to try.

Lots of questions about what will help and what may work. The answer is really, really simple: I won't know until I try. (Fingers crossed.)