Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Simple goes a long way. (Bad Bunny)

I'm riding my usual days, but playmates are limited. I'm lucky to have my husband, Al, on a lot of my rides. But not all. The challenge this year: how to ride the miles I like to ride without sliding into a boredom funk. (I just can't ride the same routes over and over. It makes me feel like an idiotic gerbil on an exercise wheel.) 

So, in the last few weeks, I've been working on getting lost.

I'm riding Miami's neighborhoods with an eye for gardening, landscaping, and generally lovely tropical settings. All my rides start and end at home. I head out in the direction of the day's wind (with hopes of a tailwind when I head back home). I wander unconcerned about where I am until I reach over half of the miles I want to ride for the day. 

I am totally lost at this point. 

I go to my Garmin and tell it to take me home. Sometimes the fastest route gives me enough miles. If not, I go back on the route I came.

Simple. Get lost. Get miles.